[Fg-general] Windowless Wednesday Overload

Kim Kulak kim at kulak.ca
Fri Apr 3 13:32:55 PDT 2009

I helped at my second "Windowless Wednesday" last Wednesday. Like the
first it was shoulder-to-shoulder in the mezzanine! This is a lot of fun
but unfortunately not enough time to adequately address some of the
peoples concerns. So what can I do to make this better? Here are some of
my thoughts:

1) An "Install, Upgrade, and Tweak Fest" sponsored by Ubuntu Vancouver.
If we could do this once a month maybe we could reduce the demand on
Windowless Wednesday by half. If we can hold it on a Weekend and for an
eight hour day maybe we could absorb even more of the overload.

2) Would it be appropriate to offer my personal services for a low fee,
say $10 and hour or $50 for a day, to individuals, grant recipients, and
customers of Free Geek? Does Free Geek currently have someone that they
recommend for ongoing support? Would it be a appropriate for Free Geek
to carry a supply of my business cards and recommend my services?

Comments? Do you think either or both of these two suggestions would be
helpful?

Kim