[Fg-general] Thoughts

Ryan Yeske rcyeske at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:46:22 PDT 2009

"sean hill" <freegeek at seanhill.ca> writes:

> Thank you Graham for your feelings and thoughts.
>
> I will reiterate.
>
> I believe that the organisation you speak of is not possible as long as the
> written, legal definition of membership does not extend to the people we
> wish to include in our decision-making process. Without proper bylaws
> defining the path to membership and the role of members and consensus-based
> decision making, we will always be stuck in an uneasy balance where implicit
> power structures are only held at bay by pretense, fallacy, and goodwill.

[...]

Hi Sean,

I appreciate the work you and others on the governance workgroup have
put into drafting the bylaws. It is unfortunate that they have never
reached the point of being completed, agreed upon, and adopted. All of
us who didn't help out with this fundamentally important task ought to
share responsibility for this failure.

Could you summarize what has been done, and what is still to be done, or
what roadblocks remain?

Ryan