[Fg-general] Staff Discipline Policy progress

Ifny ifny at freegeekvancouver.org
Wed Apr 29 10:22:47 PDT 2009

Staff understand that the Staff Discipline Policy is in effect, as a living
document.

I followed up the action item coming out of the last GM, regarding 'Staff
Discipline Policy review by a labour lawyer.'

I have (through referral from our last awesome lawyer) secured an
employment lawyer. (A labour lawyer is actually someone who deals with
certified unions and the like.)

I submitted the document to him on Monday.

He will do his best to have junior partners deal with this item, in order
to reduce the associated fees (his regular rate is $350/hr). We had a
similar arrangement with the last legal council we secured. He requires a
$1000 retainer.

I will report progress on this item as it comes.

~Ifny