[Fg-general] Free Geek Vancouver 2009 Annual General Meeting - Sun. May 24

Ryan Yeske rcyeske at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 02:13:18 PDT 2009

Thanks for sending this around, Ifny.

For folks coming into Free Geek who do not have computers, internet
access, or who are not on the mailing list, we need to make sure that
this is posted up around the space well in advance and that volunteers
are reminded of the event verbally.

Aside from reporting on the organization's past year, and discussing the
direction for next year, the main purpose of the meeting is to select a
new Board of Directors. Everyone is eligible to be a director.

Last year, candidates nominated themselves on the spot, at the meeting.
I'm wondering if that this year, the nomination process be a bit more
formalized, and take place in advance?

Ryan