[Fg-general] *late* General Meeting Corrections

megan megan at freegeekvancouver.org
Thu Apr 30 22:58:30 PDT 2009

Sorry for being late:

"Noted the 20-hour adoption program was the most popular program run by FG.
Relies on training volunteers to help new volunteers, internal day would
also help set up infrastructure goals."

*It's 24 hours
*"Relies on training volunteers to help new volunteers" -> the Support
Volunteer Program
http://wiki.freegeekvancouver.org/article/Support_Volunteer_Training that I
designed is not fully implemented, the adoption program relies on the
volunteer coordinator and other staff when needed. hopefully the internal
day will help this. explanation here ->
http://wiki.freegeekvancouver.org/article/Next_Steps_for_FG_Volunteer_Coordination

"Typical to have 15-25 daily volunteers"

*It's 30+ we havent had 15 scheduled volunteers a day in several months.

I'll make these changes in a few days if I don't hear negative feedback.
Also:

"Budget proposal has been created by Ifny and David, covering 2009"

*When were these meetings? I didn't see them advertized, there were well
attended budget meetings earlier in the year. When were Ifny & Dave charged
with doing the budget? This is alarming to me if it was not done
transparently/inclusively. Where is the 2009 budget located on the wiki I
don't see it?

--
Megan Zanussi

Free Geek Vancouver