[mp3togo] Decoding ogg: Failed.

Mike ekkikrist at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 01:22:12 PDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 06:46:48PM -0700, sim wrote:
> I have had this very problem on my brother's machine also running
> sarge. Ubuntu users have reported similar problems with my Debian
> package.
>
> The package is built on my testing machine (etch). I suppose I
> should
> set up a build system on a sarge machine and offer a Debian
> Stable
> package as well.
>
> In the meantime, you could try the .tar.gz as that has been
> reported
> as working by the Ubuntu users.
>
> Another thing you could try is building your own .deb from the
> sources. You should be able to run 'debian/rules build-package'
> from
> the directory the tarball unpacks to. This is the method I used
> build a lame package from source.
>
> I'll see if I can get my hands on a sytem running Stable to
> build the
> package on.
>
> I would be interested in hearing if it works for you.
> --
> sim

I tried building the package with setup.py and with
debian/rules ... both of them "failed" to decode ogg...

Then I thought maybe it was python 2.3, so I installed
python2.4 and python2.4-dev and tried again.  It still
doesn't work for me.  mp3togo thinks that decoding ogg
failed.

What's it doing at that point?  How is it checking for
the wav file?

- Mike