[mp3togo] Decoding ogg: Failed.

sim reallifesim at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 17:32:35 PDT 2006

Thanks for trying my suggestions Mike.

I've got my brother's Debian Stable box set up for testing and I am
able to recreate this bug. What is happening is the ogg123 subprocess
is catching a signal from somewhere and dieing. I'm not sure why yet,
but I'm hot on the trail.

Interestingly, version 0.4.1 fails in the same way, but the decoded
wav file is left behind in /tmp and on a second attempt at decoding
the file it succeeds. Version 0.5.3 cleans up the temp file correctly
and always fails.

On my brother's machine this only happens with ogg input files, all
other supported types work fine.

I have only had reports of this bug on debian stable systems, it is
possible it is a bug in the vorbis-tools package, but it is much more
likely my bug. I'll try the ogg123 binary from my Etch machine and see
if that works.

I'll do my best to fix this up as soon as I can, this is a fairly serious issue.

--
sim