[mp3togo] abort and traceback from mp3togo

Justus Pendleton justus at ryoohki.net
Fri May 19 13:59:11 PDT 2006

sim wrote:
> Setting stdin to NONBLOCK shouldn't affect stdout

Err...yes it does :) At least on terminals.

> Still, the exception didn't happen until right at the end of encoding
> the mp3. After a few thousand calls to sys.stdout.write() and a few
> print statements.

If this is actually caused by stdout returning EAGAIN then it wouldn't
happen right away, it would happen whenever stdout's buffer gets full.
Which will depend on how fast your terminal is, how big the stdout
buffer is, how fast you are printing, etc. I don't know if there is a
way to shrink stdout's buffer to 0, print something big, and see if you
get EAGAIN.