[Fg-general] Changes in the Warehouse

sim reallifesim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:54:42 PDT 2009

Our Warehouse Coordinator Adam has given his notice for April
23rd 2009.

Together, the Free Geek Directors came to consensus and decided
to offer paid leave to Adam for the remainder of his term,
which he accepted, effective today.

This decision was made based on information received from
several sources. The directors weighed the options, and came to
the conclusion that this course of action was best for Free
Geek.

Our goal in this decision is to allow Free
Geek to organize the warehouse, codify procedures and policy for
the warehouse and facilitate the transition to a new employee
while being fair and respectful to both Adam and Free Geek. To
ensure Free Geek continues to be a safe and healthy space.

This was not an easy decision to come to, and we, as directors,
feel that this illustrates a shortcoming of the organization:
There are no policies and procedures to guide staff,
directors and the membership in making decisions like this one.

Some work has recently been done drafting procedures and a staff
handbook. We strongly encourage this.

Thank you to those who have participated in this work.

David Repa has stepped up to help with training the new Warehouse
Coordinator (once hired) and will ensure that operations continue
without interruption in the interim. David has already
contributed work towards the much needed staff policies.

We urge those who have opinions and ideas to get involved in the
process of documenting and organizing Free Geek.

Signed,
The Free Geek Vancouver board of directors