[Fg-general] Proposal for April 2009 Meeting: Weekly "internal" day

David dave at thehackery.ca
Thu Apr 9 00:35:08 PDT 2009

2009/4/8 Luke Closs <lukecloss at gmail.com>:
> == Proposal Summary ==
>
> As a temporary measure, FreeGeek would reserve one day a week for only
> a "skeleton crew" of volunteers plus staff.  This day would be used
> for internally focused activities.

Luke, and all,

I would like to take this proposal one step further.

I am going to suggest that Free Geek closes its doors to volunteers
for 2 week starting April 15, 2009.  The receiving aspect can remain
in operation along with the store during this time.

I believe the staff needs time to review the many changes that has
happened over the past little while.  I think they need time to create
some needed policy and procedures that are not going to be made while
they try to deal with the daily craziness that is Free Geek. This plan
would give plenty of time for staff to complete the new hires.

These two weeks  could also be used to do some general cleaning,
organising  and giving the store a once over.

--
David