[Fg-general] re:Changes in the warehouse

Richard Jang rwjang at telus.net
Thu Apr 9 02:09:18 PDT 2009

Hello All,

 From day one of my volunteer time at FreeGeek, Adam has been the most
considerate and friendly person i have met.

He was the number one support person on the floor for all the Volunteers.

He has always worked hard and served as a great role model for the
Volunteers.
His level of patience was exemplary.

He treated the donaters courteously and with respect when they dropped
off their goods.

I don't understand how Adam's presence constitutes a threat of safety or
health to FreeGeek.

I know of people who have specifically signed up to spend with Adam's
last working days with Freegeek.

It is so "corporate" to get rid of a person before his last day. There
are no goodbyes or thanks from all the people he has helped and taught.

Should i be surprised that Fregeek would adopt such a position to a
person who has served the organization so well?

Is this indicative of how the Directors view people should be treated?

Perhaps there need not be any thank-yous either...

If one suffers from policy making decisions, begin with common sense,
courtesy, and respect for people.

As a member of FreeGeek, but not of any authority, as there are plenty
of "bosses" there, none of this feels like consensous.

Poll the membership..

regards,

Rick Jang