[Fg-general] FreeGeek April Monthly Meeting Agenda

Luke Closs lukecloss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:42:01 PDT 2009

Hello FreeGeeks,

I've compiled the agenda items from the past week into an Agenda.  Any
agenda items suggested in the next few days can be added at the
facilitator's discretion.

It's up on the wiki here:
http://wiki.freegeekvancouver.org/article/Monthly_Meeting_-_2009-04-14

I hope to see you there,
Luke

    * 1 Free Geek General Meeting - 2009-02-10
    * 2 Agenda
          o 2.1 Attendance
          o 2.2 Old Business
          o 2.3 New Business
                + 2.3.1 Standardization of Meeting Minutes
                + 2.3.2 Proposed Budget
                + 2.3.3 RCBC board election
                + 2.3.4 Weekly "Internal Day" Proposal
                + 2.3.5 Build Program and Grant
                + 2.3.6 Staff Conflict/Discipline Proposal

==Free Geek General Meeting - 2009-02-10==
* Previous Meeting [[Monthly Meeting - 2009-03-10]]
* Next Meeting [[Monthly Meeting - 2009-05-12]]
* Date: Tues March 10th 2009 6:30pm-8:30pm
* Where: Free Geek, 1820 Pandora St. (back door)

==Agenda==
* Attendance
* Consensus Briefing

===Attendance===

===Old Business===

* Reports
** Financial
** Staff
*** Bookkeeper
** HR
** Strategy
** Grant

* Directors Insurance
** Previous commit: Resolved a form needed to be sent in, waiting on
details from Sean H, to be mailed by Megan.

* Events

===New Business===

==== Standardization of Meeting Minutes ====

Proposal Details

There has been a lack of proper minutes available to the membership.
This has made visibility of decisions difficult for non-staff to see
and therefore have input on.

This proposal seeks to implement an easy system for minute taking and posting.

Questions and Discussion for the Group

Is there software that could help us?

Should it be staff responsibility to scribe at all meetings  and not a
task given to whoever volunteers at a meeting?

Why are minutes not being done properly?

==== Proposed Budget ====

Ifny to present a budget and asking the membership to adopt it.

==== RCBC board election ====

Free Geek is a voting member of the Recycling Council of BC (RCBC).
Elections for the RCBC Board of Directors for 2009-2010 are underway,
and we have to cast our ballot by April 24. I'd like us to do the same
as last year, where the membership approves selections and/or gives me
a dispensation to vote.

==== Weekly "Internal" Day Proposal ====

As a temporary measure, FreeGeek would reserve one day a week for only
a "skeleton crew" of volunteers plus staff.  This day would be used
for internally focused activities.

==== Build Program and Grant ====

I propose we discuss the status of the build program and the future of
it and the grant.

Questions/Discussion Items  -

Review time line and goals stated in grant.

==== Staff Conflict/Discipline Proposal ====

To approve a basic staff conflict/policy compliance/discipline document.

[[Staff Disciplinary Policy and Procedure]]