[Fg-general] FreeGeek April Monthly Meeting Agenda

Ryan Yeske rcyeske at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 20:41:19 PDT 2009

Luke Closs <lukecloss at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello FreeGeeks,
>
> I've compiled the agenda items from the past week into an Agenda. Any
> agenda items suggested in the next few days can be added at the
> facilitator's discretion.

Hi Luke,

I have a couple items to add, one in the form of a discussion and Q&A,
and the other a proposal. I would greatly appreciate it if they could be
added to the agenda. Sorry I could not provide them before the deadline.

In the past week, there has been an adjustment to how the warehouse is
staffed. I would like to have some time dedicated at the general meeting
to summarize the change, how the decision was made, and allow the
directors to answer any questions the general membership may have.

A particular concern that I have is that the decision to hire a
temporary contractor for the warehouse did not include the participation
of all staff members and no recommendation was provided to the general
membership for approval.

I would like to correct this oversight, and revisit the issue in the
form of a proposal for the general membership.

* PROPOSAL

David Repa will be contracted by Free Geek to work in the warehouse for
the period of April 15, 2009 until May 5, 2009, inclusive. Hours will be
between 11am and 6pm, Tuesdays through Fridays. His responsibilities
will include reorganizing the volunteer stations and equipment flow in
the new space recently acquired, managing the recieving bay and
equipment drop offs, organizing the pickups of outgoing recyclables, and
training the new Recycling Coordinator when hired. Daily work reports
will be delivered to the operations mailing list. Payment will be based
on the current Free Geek monthly salary, adjusted for a three week, 4
days/week work schedule.