[Fg-general] Fwd: [Fg-staff] Adoption vs Build meeting minutes

Ifny ifny at freegeekvancouver.org
Tue Apr 21 20:54:20 PDT 2009

Ryan Yeske wrote:
> Stephen Samuel <samuel at bcgreen.com> writes:
>
>> (originally posted to fg-staff on April 14)
>
> Thanks for forwarding these minutes to general, Stephen.
>
> There was a point in time in the past when we were posting staff meeting
> minutes to the general list. I don't think I've seen any staff meeting
> minutes since I've been on staff. Has this policy changed?

This policy has not changed. However it is not being adhered to.

> [...]
>
>> we need to modify the calendar!
>
> I have seen two different suggestions for modifying the calendar on the
> software list. Can I assume that the latest one is what everyone agrees
> we want? If so, I volunteer to make those changes.

There has been a standing request on the software list for a wee bit. IIRC
you kindly volunteered to implement those changes.

The latest one has not been discussed with any workgroup that I know of. In
light of recent changes to production & the warehouse -- and lessons
learned therein -- it may be more desirable for folks (including staff) to
sit down F2F and hammer out the calendar slots/workflow. That will save the
software group from chasing the frisbee any longer.

The Operations meeting is coming up this Tues (April 28); this item would
fit nicely on the agenda.

~Ifny