[Fg-general] better staff reviews

Ryan Yeske rcyeske at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 01:22:07 PDT 2009

This sounds like movement in a positive direction.

There are a few reasons I believe staff reviews fell by the way side

1) No regular schedule was agreed upon.  Its easy to just ignore
   scheduling the next review.  We just tried to hit the 3 month initial
   review for new staff.

2) Each review takes a lot of time... time for each staff member to fill
   out forms, time for one person to collate the data... a meeting by
   the review panel, and finally the review meeting itself.

3) Related to #2.  Many staff positions require constant attendance
   during open hours, meetings during the day are impossible with the
   way staffing is current done (store and warehouse, especially)

The only real difference I see with what you are sharing here, is that
what we were doing before with the review panel (the ad hoc HR
committee, for the purpose of the review) we would be doing now with the
regular HR meeting.

The big question then is, can we commit to having regular HR meetings?
How do we ensure that we make participation in the HR committee
accessible to all staff positions (I'm thinking store and warehouse
here, mainly).

How often and when is HR meeting these days?

Ryan