[mp3togo] Version 0.5.3 Released

sim sim at puddle.ca
Tue Jun 6 22:57:14 PDT 2006

I've released mp3togo version 0.5.3

Thanks to Justus Pendleton for the config file bugfix. I know it used to
work, I guess that's what I get for choosing my own defaults. The test
cases use temporary config files so they didn't catch this one either.

Sam, I've not forgotten your realaudio suggestion. I got as far as
having to install win32 libraries and got distraught. It is a good idea
though and I will implement it.

I spent the weekend learning PyGTK and as of this morning have a rough,
but working, GTK front end for mp3togo. This is the last major component
I plan to add and it is coming along nicely.

I also discovered a bug in cluster.py that relies on a test script that
only exists on my system. I suppose no one else has tried the cluster
mode yet. It is pretty cool, but I suspect there are more bugs lurking.

The GTK interface is built to use cluster nodes, so the bugs should
start to appear. It turns out the cluster code is also useful for
running concurrent tasks on the same machine. Maybe I'll have a SMP box
to try it on one day. I'm really more of a 'Beowulf cluster of old junk'
kind of a guy myself.

I'm hoping to have the GUI put together by the weekend. I'll see if I
can get some code checked in tomorrow.

--
sim