[mp3togo] Re: mp3togo 0.5.0

Mark J Hewitt mjh at elsabio.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 15:25:47 PDT 2006

Sim,

Sorry for delay - just got back from the US.

I am trying out 0.5.3, and this is the log I see:

[mjh at tardis workspace]$ mp3togo  -o /workspace/resampled -v 9 -t .2go -d
3 /music/collection/classical/*/*
ogg123 binary found at /usr/bin/ogg123
lame binary found at /usr/bin/lame
faad binary found at /usr/bin/faad
oggenc binary found at /usr/bin/oggenc
normalize-audio binary not found
mpg321 binary found at /usr/bin/mpg321
dcop binary found at /usr/bin/dcop
flac binary found at /usr/bin/flac
metaflac binary found at /usr/bin/metaflac
Third party module: xmms is not available. Doing without
Third party module: ogg.vorbis found
Third party module: ID3 found
'normalize-audio' binary not found. Normalization disabled.
mp3togo 0.5.3

<space> or 'p' to pause, <esc> or 'q' to quit

(1/668)
/music/collection/classical/3_Gymnopedies_&_Other_Piano_Works/01-Satie,Erik=Gymnopédie_No._1=Pascal_Rogé.ogg:
Creating dirs: Done.
Decoding ogg: Done. 1s elapsed.
Encoding mp3:  94% ##################Exception
exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError: <exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError instance
at 0x2aaaaecb4b90> in <bound method ID3.__del__ of <ID3.ID3 instance at
0x2aaaaecb4a28>> ignored
Encoding mp3: Done. 12s elapsed.
Tagging: Done.
Total time this track: 14s

(2/668)
/music/collection/classical/3_Gymnopedies_&_Other_Piano_Works/02-Satie,Erik=Gymnopédie_No._2=Pascal_Rogé.ogg:
Creating dirs: Done.
Decoding ogg: Done.
Encoding mp3:  88% Exception exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError:
<exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError instance at 0x2aaaaecb3638> in <bound
method ID3.__del__ of <ID3.ID3 instance at 0x2aaaaecb34d0>> ignored
Encoding mp3: Done. 10s elapsed.
Tagging: Done.
Total time this track: 11s

(3/668)
/music/collection/classical/3_Gymnopedies_&_Other_Piano_Works/03-Satie,Erik=Gymnopédie_No._3=Pascal_Rogé.ogg:
Creating dirs: Done.
Decoding ogg: Done.
Encoding mp3:  94Exception exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError:
<exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError instance at 0x2aaaaecb8050> in <bound
method ID3.__del__ of <ID3.ID3 instance at 0x2aaaaecb3ea8>> ignored
Encoding mp3: Done. 10s elapsed.
Tagging: Done.
Total time this track: 11s

If you think it might help, I could send you one of these ogg files to
see if you can reproduce the problem.

I wonder if it may be because this is a 64 bit platform?
Or perhaps because my locale is em_GB?

Mark J Hewitt.