[mp3togo] Re: mp3togo 0.5.0

Justus Pendleton justus at ryoohki.net
Thu Jun 15 16:12:49 PDT 2006

Mark J Hewitt wrote:
> My current guess is that the accented character (é in this case) is not
> being handled correctly because maybe the code expects ASCII or
> something equally non-international when this is probably written to the
> ogg comments in UTF-8 or Unicode.

The same thing happens here when I create an ogg with similar names.
There are two problems both related to handling of unicode. I see below
that you have --index turned on. Until mp3togo gets fixed you can work
around the issue by removing --index from your invocation and adding
--no-tags. Provided, of course, that you can live without id3 tags in
your output files. Otherwise you'll have to wait :)

The first problem is the index file that mp3togo can optionally
generate, which can only handle ascii tags. Fixing this is probably just
as simple as changing the couple of calls in tags.py that handle the
index file to use python's unicode file open function:

 >>> import codecs
 >>> ifile = codecs.open(indexname, 'a', 'utf-8')

I'm still looking into the second problem.