[mp3togo] amarok playlist grabbing

Justus Pendleton justus at ryoohki.net
Thu May 18 07:32:29 PDT 2006

sim wrote:
 > Your '--from-player=' option is not a bad idea, but I think you have
 > done the right thing here. If we use --import-<player name> for these
 > options we won't pollute the option namespace too badly and we leave
 > open the ability to pass extra arguments, like a session number for
 > xmms for instance.

An easy improvement would be to let the user specify an Amarok playlist
instead of using the default one. There is a dcop call to get playlists
by name, I believe.

 > I can see I'm going to have to get the source code
 > into some kind of online SCM system pretty soon.

I like bzr[1] because of its focus on distributed development, its
plugin approach, and its pure python source code base but there are
plenty of other "next generation" source control systems. Subversion is
probably the safest way to go until one of those comes out as a clear
winner -- most everything has an "import from svn" function available --
and SVK offers a decent distributed option on top of svn.

http://www.bazaar-vcs.org