[mp3togo] amarok playlist grabbing

sim reallifesim at gmail.com
Thu May 18 08:31:45 PDT 2006

On 5/18/06, Justus Pendleton <justus at ryoohki.net> wrote:
> An easy improvement would be to let the user specify an Amarok playlist
> instead of using the default one. There is a dcop call to get playlists
> by name, I believe.

Quod Libet makes its playlists available as well. I was thinking this
would be a good GUI feature as you could just have a list of playlists
to point and click at. On the other hand, there is no reason not to
offer a list and a choice on the command line.

> I like bzr[1] because of its focus on distributed development, its
> plugin approach, and its pure python source code base but there are
> plenty of other "next generation" source control systems. Subversion is
> probably the safest way to go until one of those comes out as a clear
> winner -- most everything has an "import from svn" function available --
> and SVK offers a decent distributed option on top of svn.

It's not something I've looked at for quite a while, except for the
kernel project's 'git', and that was just curiosity.

I'm going to have to get on it. I've got the code for the file cache
working, I just need to get the rest of the program to call the
functions at the right times. I should have it sorted out sometime
today if it goes well.

--
sim