[mp3togo] Tagging fails

Norman Urs Baier spiessli at gmx.net
Sat Nov 4 12:28:24 PST 2006

Hi,

Read today in a Linux Journal that there is something out there doing exactly
what I want, transcoding while preserving the tags! Great, thanks! However
there is this little detail annoying me: it does not work for me... :'(
I tried to run the beast and it goes quite well until it should write the
tags, then it erases all files again (unless I disable tagging).
Is there something I can do to escape my misery?

baier at aemulus:~> mp3togo -v 9 -C lame -z 10 -E "-b 160" -o mp3mix mix/*
ogg123 binary found at /usr/bin/ogg123
lame binary found at /usr/bin/lame
faad binary not found
oggenc binary found at /usr/bin/oggenc
normalize-audio binary found at /usr/bin/normalize-audio
mpg321 binary not found
dcop binary found at /opt/kde-3.5.5/bin/dcop
flac binary found at /usr/bin/flac
metaflac binary found at /usr/bin/metaflac
Third party module: xmms is not available. Doing without
Third party module: ogg.vorbis found
Third party module: ID3 found
Third party module: eyeD3 found
mp3togo 0.5.6

<space> or 'p' to pause, <esc> or 'q' to quit

(1/16) /home/baier/mix/01 1st Transmission.flac:
Creating dirs: Done.
Decoding flac: Done. 2s elapsed.
Normalizing: Done.
Encoding mp3: Done. 43s elapsed.