[mp3togo] dependency: python-support

Mike ekkikrist at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 12:50:30 PST 2007

Hello

I am using debian sarge.
Here is what happens when I install the mp3togo deb.

# dpkg -i mp3togo_0.5.9_all.deb
Selecting previously deselected package mp3togo.
(Reading database ... 37834 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking mp3togo (from mp3togo_0.5.9_all.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mp3togo:
 mp3togo depends on python-support (>= 0.2); however:
   Package python-support is not installed.
dpkg: error processing mp3togo (--install):
 mp3togo

Checking packages.debian.org shows package python-support is currently
not available in stable (sarge).  Only in testing and unstable.

Having said that, I downloaded the tar.gz and removed python-support
from debian/control.  I did a debian/rules binary and installed the
resulting deb.  I'm running the program now and it appears to be
working.

Seems as if, at least on sarge, python-support is not necessary.

- Mike