[Fg-general] Agenda Item April 14th 2009 General Meeting - Meeting Minutes

David dave at thehackery.ca
Wed Apr 1 23:07:43 PDT 2009

2009/4/1 Luke Closs <lukecloss at gmail.com>:
> David,
>
> Would you mind linking to some examples of where our meeting notes are
> poor?  Maybe there are some patterns.

http://wiki.freegeekvancouver.org/article/Past_meeting_minutes

On that page there are many missing minutes or no minutes listed
whatsoever under certain headings.

March general meeting minutes are not there.

There is a general lack of consistency with work group meeting minutes.

> Also, could give an example or two about decisions that were made with
> little visibility outside staff?

Last week I noticed that CD-ROM drives were being dismantled for their
circuit board.  Unless I had a mail problem I do not remember seeing
any minutes or proposal to change production in this regard.  This
particular decision seems small but actually should have been
discussed further.  Also if it was documented it is very hard to find
any reference of this proposal or decision.

--
David