[mp3togo] Re: mp3togo 0.5.0

Mark J Hewitt mjh at elsabio.demon.co.uk
Sat May 27 23:40:42 PDT 2006

Simeon,

My replies below.   Sorry a bit terse - I'm just about to get on a plane
... !

Mark

sim wrote:
> On 5/27/06, Mark J Hewitt <mjh at elsabio.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Simeon,
>>
>> Just thought I try out this handy little tool, but I have a problem:
>>
>> [mjh at tardis workspace]$ mp3togo  -o /workspace/resampled -v 2 -t .2go -d
>> 3 /music/collection/classical/*/*
>> normalize-audio binary not found
>> mpg321 binary not found
>> Third party module: xmms is not available. Doing without
>> 'normalize-audio' binary not found. Normalization disabled.
>> mp3togo 0.4.0
>>
>> <space> or 'p' to pause, <esc> or 'q' to quit
>>
>> (1/668)
>> /music/collection/classical/3_Gymnopedies_&_Other_Piano_Works/01-Satie,Erik=Gymnopédie_No._1=Pascal_Rogé.ogg:
>>
>> Creating dirs: Done.
>> Decoding ogg: Done. 1s elapsed.
>> Encoding mp3: Done. 14s elapsed.
>> Exception exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError: <exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError
>> instance at 0x2aaaae723d88> in <bound method ID3.__del__ of <ID3.ID3
>> instance at 0x2aaaae723cf8>> ignored
>> Tagging: Failed. Cleaning up.
>> Undo: Tagging
>> Undo: Cleaning
>> Undo: Encoding mp3
>> Undo: Decoding ogg
>> Undo: Creating dirs
>> Undo: Start
>> Total time this track: 15s
>>

>> Any idea what's going on here?
>>
>> Mark.
>
> Thanks for the bug report Mark.
>
> This is a strange one. All that the __del__() method of ID3 does is
> call write() which mp3togo calls itself before deleting the object. It
> should throw any exceptions there.
>
> What version of ID3 are you using?

1.2
> What os/platform is this on?
Linux Fedora Core 5 on Dual Core Athlon X2 4800+.
Python 2.4.

> Do all of your files exhibit the same bug, or just this one?
The first 20 or so I've tried all do the same.
> Did mp3togo exit after this error, or did it continue on with the next
> track?

No - went on to next file, but the .mp3 that appeared in my resampled
directory was removed by mp3togo.