[mp3togo] Tagging fails

sim reallifesim at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 17:12:55 PST 2006

On 11/5/06, Norman Urs Baier <spiessli at gmx.net> wrote:
> Would be great indeed if this problem can be fixed! Thanks for the detailed
> and rapid answer.

You're welcome, thanks for your interest.

> While writing this mail, I think I have solved the problem. Probably there is
> an undocumented(?) dependency on libid3tag in eyeD3 or ID3, don't know which
> is used. I did not want to see this failing check for mpg321 anymore and
> installed mpg321, which had a documented depency on libid3tag and since then
> it is working, almost!

I never would have figured that out on my own. I've put a note on the
install page on the website about the undocumented dependancy. I
usualy use the Debian package to install mp3togo and that depends on
mpg321 so I would not likely encounter this problem.

> The file "01 Sou.flac" makes problems:
---8<---
> In fact it appears as if this is due to an empty Genre, I filled the tag with
> easytag and now its running through smoothly... (I am innocent concerning the
> tagging, my player does that automatically with the help of CDDB) Maybe this
> might be considered a bug in mp3togo.

That is a bug.

You have figured it out and I've just released a fix. Now in absence
of a Genre tag it uses 12 'Other' instead of crashing.

I've tested it with the failing file and it works properly.

The new version 0.5.8 is available on the website:
http://puddle.ca/mp3togo/download.html

> Thanks again for your help and the great tool!

Thanks for the great bug report Norman, you had it pretty much figured
out. It makes my job real easy.

> My system is "Linux from Scratch"

I guess that explains how you found the dependancy problem so quickly.

Thanks again,

--
sim